The Advisory Council for Bosnia and Herzegovina (ACBH) is the leading independent, non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting the interests of Bosnian Americans and advocating for a united, multi-ethnic and democratic Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Safeguarding the Bosnian American voice in Washington, D.C. by providing outreach to U.S. policy and decision makers on issues that are relevant to the Bosnian American community.
- Countering genocide denial and the revision of history.
- Improving and promoting community involvement and participation of Bosnian Americans in the U.S. electoral and political processes.
- Promoting and preserving the Bosnian and Herzegovinian heritage and identity through education.
- Supporting the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Improving bilateral relations between the United States and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Supporting Bosnia and Herzegovina’s aspiration to become a full-fledged member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the European Union (EU).
- Supporting democracy, freedom, peace and economic development in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Southeast Europe.
ACBH’s efforts are undertaken by professional staff, Board of Directors, Trustees, interns and volunteers, and coordinated from its headquarters in Washington, D.C.